Everybody’s favourite indulgence at the fair can be made quickly and efficiently to prepare at home. Pancake mix produces a soft golden brown fried dough that creates a delicious warm Oreo-based creme!
1 cup of pancake batter
2/3 cup of whole milk
One large egg
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
18 Oreo cookies
Additional vegetable oil or oil that is used for cooking
Sugar confectioners (optional)
Refrigerate 18 Oreo cookies for approximately one hour.
Fill a large pot with about 3 inches of cooking oil and heat it to 375°F.
Mix pancake mix, eggs, milk and two teaspoons of vegetable oils in a large bowl. Whisk until it is smooth.
Dip a piece of cookie into the batter, and then entirely over it so you won’t be able to see through the mixture.
Drop the covered cookie(s) into the hot oil. Fry in each direction until they are golden-dark brown.
Clean the oil from cookies using tongs. Drain onto the paper towels.
Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar, then bite while it is still warm.
What If You Don’t Have Bisquick?
Quick Bisquick recipe for those who are in a hurry is as simple as:
1 cup all-purpose flour
One teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
One tablespoon of butter or vegetable shortening
Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
Utilizing a pastry cutter or food processor, slice the butter or shortening into the flour to mix it evenly.
HOW DO YOU MAKE FRIED OREOS?
The initial step is to make the batter served with fried Oreos. The batter is simple to create by combining pancake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract into the bowl. It will look much like the typical pancake batter. The slightly sweet batter is ideal for making Oreo cookies.
Dip the Oreos in the batter, place them into hot oil and bake. Sprinkle them with powdered sugar, and then you can savour the sweet treats!
How To Store:
Since I do not advise making these ahead, I wouldn’t advise saving them from being used. It is possible to keep them in the fridge. However, they’re just not as appealing. If you’re looking to save some, you can store them airtight at temperatures at room temperature.
TIPS FOR FRIED OREO COOKIES
- Use either Double Stuf or regular Oreos to make this recipe; they’re both great.
- This batter can make fried other desserts, such as fried Twinkies and fried Candy bars.
- It’s essential to use the thermometer for deep-frying to keep an eye on the temperature of the oil. If your oil gets too hot, cookies could be burned. If the oil is cold, the cookies absorb excessive quantities of oil and turn greasy.
- The batter must be thick enough to form a beautiful cookie coating. If it drips out of the cookies, increase the pancake mix by one tablespoon until you reach the desired consistency. Can be achieved.
- To create a polished appearance, use a sieve to separate the powdered sugar on top of the fried Oreo cookies.