Do you spend too much money on vape juice? Why not make your own? This is the ultimate guide on how to make an e-liquid from scratch, to guide you through the steps to create your own e-liquid from at home in the comfort of your own home.
The DIY method of vape juice involves, in essence, creating your own custom-made liquid to meet your specific preferences and requirements. Making your own will allow you to decide on the flavor, nicotine strength, and, most importantly, how to divide the cost of vaping efficiently.
Of course, we understand that you’d like to have a better description of exactly what’s involved and the equipment and materials that will be required to start this exciting and affordable hobby, so keep reading for our comprehensive walkthrough!
Make yourself your own juice for vaping with 8 steps:
- Gather equipment
- Make sure you have all the ingredients
- Take your measurements
- Make a base mix
- Mix in some flavor
- Add nicotine
- Make sure you bottle the vape juice you want to use
- Make sure you are able to savor your vape juice.
- Ingredients to Make Vape DIY E-Juice
- Five ingredients are required that makeup e-liquid. These include vegetable glycerin (VG) as well as propylene glycol (PG) and E-juice flavor extract along with diluted nicotine, vodka, or distilled water, although you may or might not choose to use alcohol and nicotine. At the bare minimum, e-juice is made using a PG/PG basis and flavoring.
Propylene Glycol (PG)
It’s the base liquid of choice of the majority of DIY makers of vape juice. However, there are those who have an allergy to propylene glycol.
It’s a federally-approved organic colorless, odorless chemical compound that is used in a variety of products like food products, tobacco, and many more.
It is also utilized in certain medical products that are inhaled or injected into the bloodstream and applied topically or orally.
Vegetable Glycerol (VG)
Like PG, however, it is a liquid extract that is derived by consuming vegetables. It is viscous (thicker) and also has some sweetness. However, PG does not significantly affect the flavor; VG could, in a positive or negative way.
It’s an FDA-approved substance that is used in e-juices, food items as well as cosmetics. The majority of DIY vape juices make use of both VG and PG since each adds distinct characteristics to the liquid.
We’ll talk about how to create DIY vape juice using them and how they affect the final product in a future section.
Distilled Water or Vodka
Although it isn’t essential in the blend, it is typically employed to thin out the 100 percent VG mixtures. Vodka provides additional throat hits without the need to add nicotine.
If you’re not sure whether to use vodka, you might consider making use of distillation water instead.
The flavors are offered in a vast selection; however, for more flavorful e-liquids, we suggest using special flavors designed specifically for inhaling instead of the widely consumed food flavorings.
Although the typical mix needs around 10-20% flavorings, certain have enough flavor to need just 5 percent. When mixing with a specific flavor, be sure to study the label and know the impact it has on the mix.
You’ll need to dilute nicotine liquid, which can be VG-base or PG, that is available in various strengths. If you are a beginner and want to learn the art of making DIY liquid vape, it is possible to can select any nicotine strength from 8-24mg and play around with it until you find the perfect balance.
If you are looking for an apples-to-apples comparison of the nicotine content in cigarettes made from tobacco, you should look at these tables:
- Be very cautious when handling nicotine liquids, and don’t inhale them. This could lead to nicotine overdose.
- Children are highly receptive to the negative effects of nicotine. They are prone to be sick, or even worse, in the event that they accidentally consume the substance.
- Even a tiny amount of it can cause harm to children.
- A dose of 5 mg was fatal to this baby’s 15-month-old, for instance.
BENEFITS OF DIY E-LIQUIDS
Let’s examine some of the advantages of making your own E-liquid.
- Convenience – As with many things, making your own e-liquid might appear complicated initially, but in the end, it’s as simple as following an instruction. Once you’re in the rhythm of things, it allows you to make huge batches of your favorite liquids, and you need to consider it once every couple of months.
- Control your vaping experience. Are you looking for a dense cloud of smoke? Do you feel like you require more throat hits? Do you want to add menthol to your favorite fruit flavor? All of this can be controlled when you mix your own liquid.
- Unlimited flavor options – The flavor options are one of the most enjoyable aspects of smoking. Mixing your own flavors allows you to become a professional mixologist. There are countless flavor combinations, and it is easy to find the perfect all-day vape.
- Value for money is based on the strength of the nicotine of your e-liquid; you could save money when you buy the e-liquid that is already made.
- Size of the bottle – No longer need to think about whether you have a bottle of 10ml. Mix up to the amount you like.
Is It Safe to Make DIY E-Liquid?
As the cost of everything increases, it’s natural that DIY-based projects have become more sought-after. A lot of vapers have switched from store-bought vape juice to DIY juice. One of the most frequent questions is whether DIY vape juice is secure.
DIY projects aren’t complete without safety measures. E-liquid is intended for consumption, so you should be aware of the risks. Along with the ingredients, you’ll need to think about the tools you use and handle. Vape juice production is an easy process. However, it doesn’t mean it’s risk-free.
Well, What Do I Need to Get Started?
The preparations for DIY mixing begin by acquiring the equipment needed and familiarizing yourself with the common E-juice components. You don’t need to lease an expensive lab with technicians, however. Just a handful of essential elements will transform your home into a mini E-juice manufacturing facility.
DIY E-Liquid Ingredients
Vegetable Glycerin (VG) Vegetable Glycerin is a viscous (thick) fluid that can be present in all sorts of things, from food and pharmaceuticals to products for personal care and, of course, e-juice. Its primary purpose for us is to aid in the formation of evident “clouds” produced when vaping. VG is somewhat sweet on its own, and this slight sweetness could alter certain flavors, usually in a positive way. Propylene Glycol (PG) – PG is an extremely thin, odorless, and almost tasteless liquid that is also utilized in personal care products, food items as well as pharmaceuticals. It is similar to VG. People who are more focused on flavor over large clouds are likely to choose the higher percentage of PG in their juices because PG is the main ingredient that imparts flavor. Diluted Nicotine – LNW offers many nicotine strengths to meet your preferences. The stronger the nicotine strength, the more cautious you should be. You don’t want to spill nicotine onto yourself since it could be harmful. Nicotine is discolored by either a base of PG “base” or a VG “base.” The base liquid does not alter the nicotine’s strength. However, the base liquid can affect the other components of the juice. For instance, how the proportion of PG to nicotine is played out, as well as your quality (thickness) in the liquid and even small changes in the flavor. When you are deciding how much nicotine you will use in your e-juices, a container of 100 mg/mL base fluid can be a good starting point to bring you to where you’d like to be. (100mg/mL does not refer in any way to the intensity of your final juice – it’s only how strong the base liquid is.) We’ll go over the measures later. Properly storing your nicotine is crucial to ensure the longevity of your nicotine. A refrigerator is an ideal space for long-term storage. For storage for short-term use, the ideal temperature is cool and dry. A dry, dark space is ideal.
CAN YOU MAKE VAPE JUICE WITHOUT PG & VG
In short, no, you can’t. The PG, as well as VG, are the most important components of liquids for e-cigarettes since they help make the liquid ‘dispensible.’ The thing you should do when mixing the e-liquid you make yourself have regulated the proportion of the two diluting elements.
If you are looking for an e-liquid that has a powerful throat hit as well as a stronger taste, then you should favor PG in your mix ratio.
If you are looking for a thick E-liquid, possibly for sub-ohm vaping or more dense clouds of vapor, you need to increase the amount of VG you add when mixing.
There’s no correct or incorrect answer to making your own e-liquid. However, what’s great is the ability to fully control your smoking experience.
How Long Does DIY E-Liquid Last Before Going Bad?
The majority of e-liquid manufacturers advertise that their vape juices are able to last at least two years, provided they are kept in the dark, cool location. UV light can cause components to break down, so placing your liquid in a safe spot is vital.
DIY e-liquids can last for some time. However, we would not advise storing your vape juice for longer than 2 years. Manufacturers can make sure that certain requirements are met, but it’s not easy to DIY vapers to duplicate the same conditions at home. To ensure that your liquid lasts the longest time possible, it is recommended to seal your bottle by sealing it with an airtight cap. Protect it from direct light.
If you see indications of discoloration, it is not advisable to smoke your liquid. Another indication of deterioration is an “off scent.
So, Who Is DIY E-Liquid Good For?
Since the beginning of time, vapers who have experience have been creating their own blends. All the necessary ingredients and equipment to make vape liquid are easily accessible online, which makes making DIY E-liquid readily available to all.
Anyone who wishes to be in control of their vape experience is able to make it happen with just some investigation and forward-looking planning. Making your own e-liquids is longer than purchasing ready-to-use liquids from the store; however, the benefits are immense. It is possible to create unique flavor profiles that nobody has had before, and, more importantly, you’ll save cash in the end.
Tips to Make a Great E juice
- The first thing you should keep in mind is to write all the information you create.
- What a disappointment to create your own vape fluid that you simply cannot do without, and you don’t know what ingredients you’re using!
- Visit the web and join forums dedicated to vaping.
- It is always a good idea to benefit from “old vapers,” even in DIY.
- Additionally, you will find an uncountable amount of E-liquid recipes.
- Make sure to use only flavor concentrates specifically designed for vaping, and avoid any food flavorings that could be dangerous.
- For your first tests, do not make large quantities.
- Make sure that you don’t dissatisfy with your dish. You could risk losing the nicotine-based base of 100ml!
- If you’d like to feel a strong “throat, hit,” add more propylene glycol.
- If you’re looking for large clouds but a smaller impact, include vegetable Glycerin.
- High percentage liquids in VG are suggested for low-ohm (use of low resistance to get an intensive heat transfer to the liquid) due to their thickness and need more energy to evaporate.
Keep your juices from the reach of animals and children.