With a mobile connection on Apple Watch, you may make calls, respond to messages, gain notifications, and more – even at same time as you’re far out of your iPhone.
Before you begin
- Make tremendous you were given the fashionable software program for your iPhone and your Apple Watch.
- Check for updates for your network business enterprise settings.
- Make it remarkable you’ve got given an eligible cell statistics plan with a supported network corporation. Your iPhone and Apple Watch must use the same community issuer,* and you want to be within your provider’s community even as you install cellular to your watch.
- If you were given a company or business enterprise cell information plan, check collectively with your employer or community organization to look inside the event that they help this feature. Pre-paid debts and some older payments need to be supported. To make specific your account is eligible, touch your community provider.
How to install your mobile plan on Apple Watch
You can set off Cellular even as you first install your Apple Watch. During setup, search for the choice to install cell, then comply with the onscreen steps.
You also can set up Cellular later from the Apple Watch app:
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
- Touch the My Watch tab, then touch Cellular.
- Tap Set up Mobile.
- Follow the instructions on your issuer. You should also touch your issuer for help.
Connect to a cell community
Your Apple Watch with Cellular mechanically switches to the maximum electricity-green wireless available: It can connect with your iPhone while it is close by, a WiFi network, or cell. Your Apple Watch makes use of LTE networks while it relates to Mobile. But, if LTE is unavailable, your watch will attempt to connect with UMTS if your provider facilitates it.
When your watch connects to a cell network, you can look at the signal energy from Control Center or the Explorer watch face. To open Control Center, touch and keep the bottom of the display, then swipe up.
Set up Mobile on a family member’s Apple Watch
You can install a mobile Apple Watch for a member of the family who does not have their very personal iPhone. If your mobile provider enables the usage of a controlled Apple Watch, you are given the selection to add the look ahead to your plan throughout setup. Look for the option to install the cell, then look at the onscreen steps. You can use a possible service if your issuer no longer assists cell on a managed Apple Watch.
If you do now not begin with the cellular installation for your member of the family’s Apple Watch, you can do it later:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap All Watches, faucet your member of the family’s Apple Watch, then tap Done.
- Tap Cellular, then faucet Set Up Cellular.
- Follow the commands to your issuer. You may additionally want to touch your company for assistance.
- To see the cellular cellphone variety assigned for your family member’s Apple Watch once you install Cellular, visit Settings on the watch, then tap Phone.
How to connect to a cell network
An Apple Watch Ultra on a person’s wrist receives an incoming call.
If a cell provider is activated on your Apple Watch, the tool will hook up with the community robotically, even as necessary. Apple Watches mechanically makes use of the maximum power-inexperienced wireless to be had. The device will use your cellphone’s signal via Bluetooth or WiFi when your iPhone is nearby. When your watch desires to connect to Cellular, it will use LTE networks. If LTE isn’t available, your eye will attempt to hook up with UMTS if your company enables it.
You can manually flip your cell connection on or off each time by swiping up from your Apple Watch face and tapping the Cellular icon.
Changing network providers
Your iPhone and Apple Watch must use the identical network business enterprise until the watch is modified into set up for a member of the family who would not have an iPhone. If you change community carriers for your iPhone, you need to do away with the previous carrier plan in your Apple Watch and join up with a cutting-edge program.* Here’s how:
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
- Tap the My Watch tab, then tap Mobile.
- Your Apple Watch should automatically switch to the network issuer your iPhone is the user of. If you need to function a brand new plan, faucet Add a New Plan, then follow the onscreen steps. If your previous project is in the Apple Watch app, you can dispose of it.
- If you want assistance, contact your network provider.
How to switch your mobile plan to a modern-day day Apple Watch:
When you’re ready to start using a new Apple Watch, you can transfer your mobile provider from your antique watch to your new one. Here’s how:
- Remove the cellular plan from your antique Apple Watch. You can do that from the Apple Watch app or erasing your antique Apple Watch.
- Pair your new Apple Watch together with your iPhone. The faucet was Set up Cellular to feature a mobile plan during setup.
- Some corporations allow you to turn your present-day plan in your new Apple Watch properly away from the Apple Watch app.
- If you are still waiting for an update on your mobile plan, contact your issuer for assistance.
How to realize in case your Apple Watch has a lively cellular signal
Two Apple Watch illustrations show the feasible Cellular Signal icons, which clients, with facts, will find out in their control panel.
When your watch connects to a mobile network, you can test the sign electricity from your tool’s short menu by swiping it up from your watch face.
When the Cellular icon is inexperienced, you are linked to a cellular signal.
When the Cellular icon is white, your plan is lively; however, your device is set up in your cellphone thru Bluetooth or WiFi.